A few notes about the recent announcement regarding a Granada teacher and a minor:
- While Livermore Patch is an excellent blog, it is a news source and may contain bias, even unintentionally.
- What’s said in the official police press release are the only things that can be verified as facts.
- As all Granada families received the same recorded phone call and email, posting and resposting the news article serves only to sensationalize the issue, and provide more opportunities for immature people to make fools of themselves.
Facebook is a public forum and we’ve all got the right to free speech, but for the sake of the minor involved- quite possibly someone that has a Facebook account and is watching it all unfold, please be courteous and don’t joke around about this.
Not to mention the fact that the son of the accused teacher, a sophomore at our school, a member of leadership, and my personal friend, has a Facebook and is able to read every brash comment that some inconsiderate pig throws out. At a time like this, seeing all that negativity is the last thing he needs.
With respect to the accused teacher herself, American legal customs point to the idea of innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, American social customs do not. But please at least respect that “alleged” is neither guilty nor innocent.
No matter your opinion, for the sake of all the families involved, please maintain a level of respect in the way that you discuss this situation in the weeks ahead.
- robertsonok46 likes this
- katherineok56 likes this
- lasonyasa0 likes this
- spurgeoncc likes this
- beejo likes this
- littlemissfox likes this
- s0fak1ng likes this
- sophiagarciaaa reblogged this from jaimeson
- miiiiiranda likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- bliu likes this
- chickenonrye likes this
- englishmajormade likes this
- jaimeson posted this