My favorite ASB President of all time just made a tumblr.
And you should all follow her, or at least click on her blog and read the title and see why I love it so much.
Maybe leaving her an ask telling her how much you agree with her blog title.
I don’t know.
Whatever floats your blogging bloat.
Anyway, that’s what I tell myself 99% of the time. And today I think I realized why the other 1% exists.
With all the other hobbies/ activities I can think of, you have to “make it” before you can brag. You’ve got to win a tournament before you can take home a trophy, you have to be accepted to a prestigious school before you can wear all your new college gear (or, you should).
With rapping, it’s almost the opposite. You have to brag in order to “make it.” Or at least, that’s the way many new artists think. Somehow, they’ve concluded that rapping about how much money they’ve accumulated and how quickly they rose to the top of the industry will cause them to accumulate money and rise to the top of the industry.
Maybe its because all the role models in popular rap these days do nothing but brag. But what people fail to realize is that Lil Wayne and Drake can brag about all their money and record sales because they actually have money and record sales. An up and coming small-town rapper, on the other hand, sounds more like a clown when he tries to rap about the success… that he doesn’t have yet.
Anyone can rhyme. I’d like to see wittier metaphors, more lyricism, quality production, and unique flow styles from up and coming rappers. Because you shouldn’t have to rap about how good your rapping is if you’re actually a good rapper. At least, that’s my opinion.
So many people are critical of high schoolers that try to pursue music careers as rappers.
While I don’t particularly care for most of their music, I do try to refrain from any negative heckling or teasing. I mean, after all, they’re just pursuing a passion and doing what they can to “make it.”
And I get especially peeved when I hear people say they don’t like a young artist’s music solely because that music happens to be hip hop.
I mean, you can hate da game but don’t hate da player, knawmsayin? No but really, you wouldn’t tell a classical singer to stop auditioning for stuff just because you don’t like opera. You don’t have to be a fan of whatever someone’s pursuing in order to support that person. You just encourage them to do what they love.
I never know how to act when a friend is dealing with someone’s death.
It’s interesting to be on the other end this time.
I don’t think anyone really knows how to act.